Gillian can be contracted to teach anyone how to use WordPress.
One-on-One Private tuition for Beginners.
Charges are $50 per hour, OR:
SPECIAL DEAL! $150 for a half day.
This is what you get for your $150: Up to 4 hours tuition – Location: at your office if its Auckland, or Gillians home office.
Prerequisite: For tuition, we can work on a new or existing site, you must already have a hosting account and a domain name pointed in advance to the hosting account, and provide access to all the logins at the lessons. If I am helping you, I need to verify hosting and domain registrar logins in advance of the meeting. Of course, if I have just built you a new site, I will have all the logins already.
- Prior to our meeting we confirm via phone and email. If you don’t have a site yet, this is not a problem, we just have to organise a site to use, a minimum of 24 hours before your tuition/lesson. You need to provide list of all the logins and web hosting, and domains and social media logins, if we will be working on an existing site.
- You would be required to have site content documents available to me, maybe placed onto a USB Drive, or at Dropbox.com along with a document for the logins.
- 4 hours should be sufficient time to learn all the major tasks in managing, editing and maintaining your site.
- I work with Photoshop, to edit, optimise, and upload your images.
- If you already have a fully running live site, we just jump in and start modifying and editing, according to whatever you want to do.*
- Prerequisite of editing a running site*: Prior to the tuition, you must email me a shortlist of what you want to achieve and what you want to change. Along with this, I will need log in advance to the WordPress Admin, to check site is working.
- If I find that we have to do troubleshooting i.e. out of date themes and plugins, I would need ALL YOUR LOGINS in advance to see what is wrong. It would be unwise to arrange to have a lesson only to find the back end blocked and you can’t start editing, or the site breaks the minute you try to update it.
- I would also need your login to your hosting panel. (at your hosting co) to check you have adequate space on your account. You may need to upgrade your account or purchase another theme.
- You can book additional training sessions if we run out of time. We can also cover how to update themes and plugins, or manage Social Media and Google Products.
I work with beginners and only use pre-designed, ready-made themes that do not require hard-code re-programming at the backend.
I do not provide advanced database programming or custom coding/ nor rewrite code /or do troubleshooting work on a site that was built from the ground-up by other developers.
** I do not work with Genesis Framework sites.
WordPress has an easy to manage Admin Dashboard that can be navigated by absolute beginners and no coding is required, to install, edit and maintain a WordPress website.