About Gillian McAven Developer
I started doing Design and Development of web sites in 2001 – specialising in html websites for small businesses. Since 2012 I now specialise in building WordPress websites which are CMS (Content Management Systems), using pre-made themes. You can see my design portfolio here.
I can install a simple WordPress skeleton website with a wordpress.org template (theme) for as little as $590 – however the most popular package is the10 pager WordPress ($950) where I add all the content for customers, add images, sliders, Blog articles, webforms, like contact forms or Newsletter Subscriptions, and sometimes Shop/Product Catalogues, or other optional plugins, which are an extra cost.
Tips on how to prepare for a new web project first meeting:
- Think about what you want your website to be like, or look like, and list what functions you require
- Research existing competitor sites, and note what you must have or dont need.
- Nominate 3 likely themes you think would suit your line of business, i.e. take a look at WordPress Themes from www.themeforest.net
What happens at a consultation – we decide together the following.
- We would choose a domain name, hosting account, email account setup.
- We would choose a theme that best fits your business.
- Design: We discuss colour themes, logos and your available images
- Structure: We discuss site layouts and how many pages: i.e. Home, About Us, Services, Fees, Blog, and Contact us.
- We discuss your home page structure and slider and promo boxes.
- Content: We will discuss your tasks; what you need to do, to gather your text and images, and select images for the slider on home page, and content for a few Blog posts such as notices about an event or news, or an article.
- Plugins: We discuss which plugins you want; i.e. a shop or mailchimp newsletters.
- We would define some of your keywords for SEO Tags, and Social Media Links.
- We would discuss setting up Google+, LinkedIn, Facebook, and adding your site on Google Directory
Gillian has had experience setting all these items up on a website, she will be able to do everything needed for a small business website.
10 paged simple site with everything filled in for you $950. Social media links and Google, add another $250
Extra pages content loading $95 per page or extra block of 10 extra pages is $490
Shop Products – added to Woo Commerce Plugin and load up to 50 products- $490
# Please note we only load Standard Paypal Payment Gateways for Shopping Carts or e-commerce sites. Any other gateway can incur up to $500 or more depending on quote from a specialist E-commerce developer.
Mailchimp Account integrated with WordPress for Newsletter Signup $100
On Page SEO and Google Account Package only: $250
You can contact Gillian by phone or email, to arrange a free consultation; meanwhile view her design website, www.webdesinz.com for more details and charges, and view some portfolio pages of WordPress sites recently completed.