Newbie Tips on how to prepare for a brand new web project meeting with me:
- Think about what you want your website to be like, or look like, and list what functionality you require
- Make a note of what features you must have, or need.
- Research existing competitor sites, and list those URLs that you like.
- Make a note of 3 likely themes designs you think would suit your line of business, i.e. take a look at WordPress.org or www.themeforest.net
- Don’t worry if you can’t find a design you like, you can leave that to our consultation, as I would select the most appropriate to fit your needs.
What happens at a consultation – we cover the following.
- We would identify what type of website you want, what its objective is.
- Discuss a domain name, hosting company to start an account, and what email accounts are required, if you don’t already have these
- We would choose a theme that best fits your business.
- Design: We discuss colours, logos, and your available images
- Structure: We discuss site layouts and how many pages: i.e. Home, About Us, Services, Fees, Blog, and Contact us.
- We discuss your home page structure and slider and promo boxes.
- Content: We will discuss what you need to contribute, i.e. sending me your text and images, images for the slider on home page, and content for a few Blog posts such as notices about an event or news, or an article.
- Plugins: We discuss which extra plugins you want; i.e. a shop or Mailchimp newsletters.
- We would define some of your keywords for SEO Tags, and provide Social Media Links.
- We would discuss setting up Google Account, LinkedIn, Facebook, and adding your site on Google Directory if you don’t already have these things
***Gillian has the experience to do all tasks needed to build and launch a small business website. However after launch and registering it on Google Directory you will need to find your own Advertising or Promotion Expert, to promote the site if that is what you require, i.e. Ad Campaigns. That is not my area of expertise.